11.26.2012

thank you


wildflowers thanksgiving

Dear Readers and Supporters,

As we enter this last week of November, the holiday season seems to be well underway across the nation.  Most kicked things off with family and friends gathered on Thanksgiving, and some headed into the weekend prepared to participate in the various shopping events while others spent the weekend relaxing, with music or books, or enjoying a big game.  At row press, I even squeezed in a little work and caught up on the news.  Which, in fact, brought me up to speed on a new-this-year charitable event called Giving Tuesday.  Here's a great article describing how this day of giving came to be.

I, personally, am a big supporter of the Local First movement, and promoted Shop Local/Shop Small Saturday in all the ways I could think of.  I like the idea of Giving Tuesday because it embodies the spirit of the season, and truly, wouldn't it be wonderful if we adopted Shop Local/Shop Small Saturday and Giving Tuesday as the predominate recipients of holiday funds?

But, why limit support for these things to one day?  This holiday season I hope you'll consider a small, local business, restaurant, service and any charity in need as part of your giving plan.  Another great idea is to support Independent bookstores and local authors.  Your local bookstore can order any book you could find at a chain store, and they usually feature a local shelf to highlight the local talent.  I'm sure they'd be grateful for your interest.

As for me, I'd like to offer my gratitude to home-ology owners Ryan and Christopher, who recently hosted me for an artist/author event. Not only is home-ology a local, small business, but they are also doing their part to bring green/eco ideas to home interiors.  The night of the event, we also gathered used and new books for a local charity called Kids Need to Read.  I thank all who attended...for your support of my work and this local boutique and charity.

I also received my donation confirmation from Red Cross recently. Thanks to all who purchased books during the wildflowers for sandy donation drive.  This will be a challenging holiday for those hit by the storm, and the Red Cross is doing lots to ease them back into their normal lives, which will take some time, I'm sure. 

Rhonda McCormack has made a donation
in honor of wildflowers readers
Thank you for the support!
E-Card Image

This donation will support:
Disaster Relief


Be well this season, R